Friday, January 18, 2013

what have i done?


I have posted about my addiction before. Unfortunately, I haven't curbed my appetite for peanut butter and now I'm passing it on to my offspring. I'm trying to expand my horizons and today and made up some tuna for lunch, only to have Liesel go to the cupboard and pull out the peanut butter and say, "just a little bit? On your finger? Right der?" (on your finger actually means on my finger). 
It's true. 
PB on ice cream
PB on pancakes
PB on french toast
PB on bread
PB with pasta
PB in candy
PB on muffins 
PB and chocolate
PB in smoothies
PB and bananas
PB and apples
PB on a spoon. 
All delicious. 
But I'm giving up and giving in. At least now on March 1st (National Peanut Butter Lover's day. . . hello!) I'll have someone to celebrate with. 

Or maybe two people: when I was listening to the election results roll in last november, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Mitt Romney had eaten his favorite snack that evening-- open faced pb and honey. I always knew I liked him . . . 


7 comments:

Mary Grace said...

uhmm remember when everyone freaked out because i said i didnt LOVE PB? hah. i like it. but probably not as much as you. not enough to eat it on ice cream anyway.

Anonymous said...

I bought a lot of on sale PB and it turned out to be very mediocre. The frugal part of me says "eat it" and ~10 jars later and I'm done with PB for awhile.

If you ever want to break your habit try that.

sNick said...

Oh, please don't bring up Romney this close to the inauguration. :) I'm sitting her in NYC on the trip that was supposed to include him being sworn in. Instead, the inauguration part of the trip has been replaced by some American History Site touring near Philly. Should be fun... I hope.

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh. SO FUNNY. This picture is SO classic.

SO ANGELA

everytime I eat PB I think of you.

PS. comment on my blog so I feel good about myself.

LOVE YOU

Jerry said...

Too funny. Just curious: what kind of peanut butter do you buy? Or do you not discriminate?

Gary said...

You must have inherited the PB craze from your mother. I'm fine as long as the jar isn't opened....but once it's open - watch out!

Catherine said...

Haha! Loveit! She must have gotten an appetite for it in the womb! I love your obsession with peanut butter... and the fact that March 6th is now important.