Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm a mom


Liesel's smile for the camera these days.



playing the pa-nan-o 

Liesel caught gold-handed in my make-up bag
sisters. 
sisters and my funky toes.
my butterball of joy
It must be the huge lifestyle change. The terrifying thought that you might mess up. The terrifying thought that you are messing up. The lack of sleep. While I LOVED being a first time mom to Liesel, I'm finding that being a mom these days is so much more . . . chill.

I am obsessed with my gals.

They are both blowing my mind these days. Liesel is learning EVERYTHING which means she wants NOTHING to do with me.  . . as far as help in any area except changing her diaper is concerned. It honestly keeps me laughing all day. I hear lots of "I want that!"'s and plenty of "I can do it myself"'s
She picked out her clothes this morning. She is learning how to put together puzzles. She pushed her dolly around (not the one that Brian and I bought her for Christmas mind you. She wants absolutely nothing to do with that one. Instead she plays with a small one my mom gave her). She burped her dolly. She nursed her dolly. She built towers with blocks. She built towers with nesting boxes. She drew pictures. She jumped off the sofa. She did somersaults. She read books. I read her some books. She told me what to do. I told her what to do. She walked around with her lion towel on her head. She screamed and ran around the house. She put herself in timeout with her nose to the wall. She asked "what is that crazy noise?" She sang multiple songs. She danced. She lifted weights with us (her kettle ball-- she knows which one is hers and she goes and gets it every time). Her prayers, kisses and hugs are some of my favorite moments each day.

And Hannah. Oh Hannah. Man, Hannah!! She's got my heart in those little sweaty fists of hers. And do you know what? She laughed for the first time today! And the best part is, Brian was home to hear the cutest sound ever made. I want to bottle it up and listen to it every day for the rest of my life. She also cried. She cried when Liesel dropped her baby mirror on her head. She cried when I put her in the carseat. She cried while she watched me jumprope. But she mostly was happy. And kicked her feet and looked at her animals in her bouncer. She LOVES those animals.
She also loves her schedule. She knows when it's 6:15pm. She starts her little yelps. As I'm getting her dressed she knows it's coming: nursing and nighttime and she can't wait. She fusses super loud and kicks until I finally wrap her up and the lights go out and red light comes on the headlamp. My Hannah&Me time is sacred.

I know I've had a lot of mom posts lately, but it's rainy and time is passing and I'm almost in a new decade. One day I'll want it all back so I want to remember that amidst the insanity I was very very happy being a mom to my little ones. 

3 comments:

gc.hatch said...

What a heartwarming post! I love that you love being a mom! That first picture of you and Liesel kissing is adorable! And that one of her smiling her new "camera" smile is hilarious! And that picture of Hannah on the blanket is so cute! Yes, the opportunity to be home with little ones passes quickly! You are savoring it as you should!

Lindsey said...

Angela, this is such a sweet post. Seriously makes me melt. And cry. For some reason. So sweet.


Love the pic of L giving you a kiss!!!

emily marie said...

I adore your little girls! I have wanted to be a mom for so long that my friends have always been a little worried about me. You are a beautiful, awesomely fantastic mom! Also, I wanted to say "Adios" since I'll be off blog for a little while (18 months... ya know) and I am already going through Haystack withdrawals! Love you, cousin!