Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hannah at 3 months

We borrowed grandma's sweater for this shoot. 
 Then promptly took it off. 
Mom even experimented with 16th century ruff collars to accentuate my head. Then we realized that wasn't a good idea either. Speaking of which, head holding is going well. My neck not only collects milk and gets stinky, it is also getting stronger and holding up my head quite well. 
 Smiling often. Very often. Except mom can't seem to get a non-blurry shot of my huge grins because smiling also makes me toss my head back in forth in glee. I'm a morning gal and will smile at the wall I'm so happy. Thankfully I don't have to because there are lots of people excited to see my beautiful face each day. I'm going to bed at about 6:30pm and waking up around 7am. I wake up to eat about 2 times (once if I'm feeling especially generous . . .which I usually am about one day a week). 
 My hands used to stay clenched all the time. Now I'm starting to open them more and feel things. Mom thinks it's adorable and loves it when I grab her shirt . . . although not so much when I grab her hair and then tight-fist it so it's impossible to get out. 

 I'm 13lbs (75%)
22 in' (25%)
and 100% really really adorable. 
 My new pastimes include: 
sucking my hand
blowing spit bubbles
smiling 
air-biking (I keep a pretty steady cadence) 
cooing and screeching
whimpering (it'll break your heart to hear. Seriously)
and screaming when I'm really ticked off. This usually involves mom putting me in 4 layers so she can go running and take Liesel sledding. But once we start moving I fall right asleep. 


Note from mom:
Watching Liesel grow up each day/week/year I felt like I was able to enjoy every minute of it. It seemed to pass fairly slowly. But Hannah is moving at mach10. I'm realizing that babies are only babies for a year. Maybe 14 months if I want to stretch it. I really genuinely love feeling her weight in my arms, wiping off her spit-up covered chin and watch her fall asleep and let her weight slump against me as she nurses each night. Her smiles are the best way to wake up in the morning. I love rubbing her fuzzy head against my cheek. I love picking the cradle cap off her scalp (TMI?). And I especially love it when her little hands grab onto me. 
I love all baby animals, but this little mammal takes the cake. Easy. Babies have got to be the cutest little things in the whole wide world. Forget that. In the Universe. 
I love my little baby Hannah to pieces. 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

She has such great arm rolls. The photos are seriously so beautiful. Can you do Sam's 3 month photo shoot, and 6, and 12 too?

Lindsey said...

I SERIOUSLY COULD EAT HER UP...

soooooo adorable


!!!!

Allison said...

Oh my gosh. What a beauty. And wonderful shots, photographer. Can I hug her right now?

Catherine said...

Love these professional photos of little Hannah! She is so CUTE!!! I think my favorite is her smiling... makes me want to use it as a screen saver, which I think I will actually do. :)

gc.hatch said...

What a DOLL! Precious pictures! She has big eyes! Are they as blue as they appear to be? I remember when we couldn't tell what color they were going to be. And yes, treasure the baby stage because it sure doesn't last long!