Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas in Moab



the roast beast
Liesel pointing out the true meaning of Christmas. 
I love Christmas. Who doesn't though? I felt so blessed this year to have the house overflowing with family and friends. We ended up house-sitting the whole week at the place we used to rent in Moab. Felt good to be back in our old digs again and L couldn't get enough of the chickens and cats. Every morning she bundled up with Brian to go feed them and would come back in cradling an egg she had found-- still warm.

Christmas Eve we had the tradition dinner with both Ham and Turkey (thanks to the Longs!). Brian's dad was in town, Cath and Lindsey, Holy and David Long and our friend Keri. It was everything Christmas should be-- people you love, food that's delicious and of course lots of dancing to Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra. 
Nothing says Christmas like a synthesizer. 


The babes got lots of Auntie and Grandpa time. I think all the attention was the best gift of all for little L and H. 

After dinner we gathered around to sing carols and read about the birth of Jesus Christ. Then we put the girls to bed and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol. And of course I'm as bad as when I was a kid and could hardly fall asleep thinking about Christmas morning. 

We spent the rest of the week doing fun things. Like painting our nails, watching Step Up Revolution, hiking to Corona arch, hiking the portal, driving through Arches, eating at La Hacienda, playing our new Settlers game (have you heard of Rails to Trails Jana and Kevin? It's awesome!!), bowling and playing the snow that dumped all day Christmas Eve/Christmas. 
Catherine made my entire family matching pajama pants. Including L&H! I come from a talented family. 

Remember how I said my family is talented? Check out Lindsey's form here. And this amazing one legged stance earned her a strike. 
It was Liesel's first time bowling also. She may or may not have beaten Cath. 
Now that Christmas is over we have to wait another 350 days until the most wonderful time of the year. 

7 comments:

Allison said...

You and Catherine look like you're hosting a cooking show in the photo where Catherine is holding a pot. :)

emily marie said...

L bowls like I do

Lindsey said...

Aaa haha I love it.

bowling pics of me: awkward

IN MY DEFENSE, WORLD, I WAS SICK SO THAT'S WHY I LOOK HORRIBLE don't judge

but hey, it's a memory! AND A GOOD ONE

Lindsey said...

AND kudos to you for putting up with me while I was sick. I know for a fact it was not easy.

Lindsey said...

I love you Ang!

gc.hatch said...

Oh my goodness! Looks like you all had such a wonderful time! Everything looks so CHRISTMASSY! I love the first picture with Liesel and the tree! And the matching PJ's turned out AWESOME! Catherine did a fantastic job on those! And the "roast beast". . . WOW, can I have some? What was the recipe?

Catherine said...

First - I had so much fun chillin' with you and your fam!!! Thanks for making it so awesome!

Secondly - I have a cell phone up to my ear in half the pics - was I really on the phone THAT much?

Third - No humiliation in letting your niece beat you. I consider it SERVICE. :)