Sunday, January 6, 2013

sisters & running

meet Catherine. 
Catherine came all the way from DC to my little corner of the southern Utah for the holidays this year. While she fights traffic in DC, rides the metro to capitol hill and bikes the Potomac path with the rest of the uber-sucessful dc-ites, I've been trying to recruit her to come live out west. Nurse practitioner's can get jobs anywhere right?  She is always up for anything. A jog in the snow? Making dinner for someone? Fro-yo? Backpacking 25m in one day? Mung-bean pancakes? Swimming? Yes ma'am.  (especially the fro-yo, but I didn't tell you that). She's one of those people that can go-go-go and when she has a to-do list, the list gets done (unlike me, who loses the to-do list after 10 minutes and finds it a week later only to realize 1/3 of the things never got done). She is compassionate, creative, friendly and sincere. I laugh a lot when she's around and we do cool things. She seems to understand and even embrace my mantra of all day exercise followed by really good food. I miss her already. 
meet Lindsey. 
Most of you already have. Lindsey traveled down from SLC for the third month in a row to visit me at the Needles. And the roads were icy. And she was sick. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. Lindsey (also known as Deaner) loves people and has an unaffected way of communicating. She is the funny one in the family (along with Ryan and Kevin-- why are boys always funnier?) and can make people laugh easily. Lindsey is super thoughtful and empathetic and will frequently buy things for me and the girls or write thank-yous to people. Maybe that's why she has a billion friends?  She was sick all break (literally the whole break) and was still an amazing sport and helped out a ton (although one day she got sucked in and watched two Twilights which she gave a D- and Step-up Revolution which she gave an A++. . . I would have to agree).  And little did I know she has mad bowling skills. 

Of course there were two gaping holes where Emily and Sarah should be, and another two where Ryan and Kevin should be. I think the Hatch family has moved passed the days of a full family Christmas. Sad! But guess what??? JULY 2013 is a full Hatch family reunion with everyone. At a beach front house. In North-Cackalacky. Happy! Can't wait. Moving on. . .

literally! Here we are on the move. Like I mentioned before, I've fallen in love with trail running. I can think of a thousand reasons why I like it better than road running. Although Brian put me to the test and I could only think of 10. Cath and I on the move: 



3 comments:

gc.hatch said...

Wow, what great pictures of Catherine and Lindsey! What a beautiful setting for photographs! Looks like you're back in shape Angela, running the trails again. What a beautiful place to exercise!

Allison said...

Cute bios of your fun sisters. Now we need photos of you in cute boots. I just looked through the last two weeks of posts that I hadn't seen yet. Love L's lashes, and the pic of you cutting feta w H looking straight at the camera. A capable multitasker.

Lindsey said...

Haha. This is funny.

You have amazing editing skills, Ang, because we all KNOW those pics of me did not look like that originally. Haha.

I LOVE SISTERS, loved the bios and would have to agree about Cath's!

ALSO those trail running pics are bangin!!! I'm super jealous I didn't get to come, but we all know I got auntie points for painting L's nails while you guys were being hardcore.

Love the post and miss you lots, Ang!