Tuesday, January 22, 2013

playtime


Liesel loves to push the Chariot for me when we get close. She also loves having a papa who can say hello Liesel over his intercom when he passes us in his ranger truck. 
 Opinions opinions. Liesel is definitely in the stage where she wants to do everything by herself. Even if it means walking over 1ft of snow in her cowboy boots like she did today for an hr while at the park. It is amazing how much she is learning every day. When I ask her to help me clean up, she usually does a pretty good job. She can pick things up for me and go get something when I ask her. Sounds like I like having someone to boss around and help me. That pretty much sums it up. Just kidding. I actually think it's remarkable how much she knows these days! 
 Hannah isn't too keen on the daily sledding trips. But it gets me out and running and makes all of us much happier to be outside a little. I found the perfect sled track on a dirt road down here. Liesel may be a future olympic luge competitor after using this sled-- it is insanely fast. 

L may have broken that speed limit. 
 You can see the Island in the Sky mesa (and Junction Butte) in this photo. Looks like a stones throw away, but it takes 2 hours to get there from here. 

 snow angel.
 This little angel was not too pleased with getting woken up by big sis. 

So the girls and I have been getting out every day to play. Mostly just sledding but we recently discovered an unused swing set and fort 20 minutes away. Comes with bonus horses, hay, cows and dogs. Not to mention a friend for me!  She and her husband came over for dinner tonight and I learned all about ranching. Since I'm a wannabe horse girl I think this friendship will work out pretty well. 

2 comments:

gc.hatch said...

I applaud you Angela for going to the work to go outside with the girls every day. That's got to boost those "feeling good hormones"! How fun that Liesel gets to try her hand at sledding. Where did Hannah get that colorful cute sweater? And who is the new friend? Is that the "ranch" that we passed and that I thought it might be fun to stop in sometime and meet the people that live there?

Lindsey said...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. What's up with the vague reference to your new "friend" who owns horses? What?

That's awesome.

Kiddos are adorbs. Love seeing L in snowpants! Miss you.