Monday, January 7, 2013

New Years in St. George (part II)

The Patriarchs in Zion Nat'l Park. 
where my girlz at? 
For some reason when my sisters and I (particularly these ones) get together we have a tendency to talk and act like Latoya, Shauntay and Ebony. We sort kinda maybe grew up in da hood and yeah, we may have been minorities in middle school. I may or may not have learned the percolator and butterfly in my 6th grade chorus class. I have never been able to get hip hop out of my bones. And for some reason when we get together is just all comes out. I never really had a southern accent (except for that family video where all I talk about is Shania Twain???!), but I most def had a homegirl one.  
I'm sure Brian would say it's one of my endearing qualities. 
Right babe? 
Right?
Hannah is buried under 10 layers of down and synthetic fabrics-- but I'm still counting this as a family photo. 


New Years day we spent in Zion. Or getting ready to go to Zion. Which took as long as actually being in Zion. We met up with Pete  (Brian's bestie from Grand Canyon High) and Jacqueline and their two kids (same ages as ours) for a 3m hike. They are both rangers in here.

Every time I drive into Zion it shocks me. It is so beautiful. It reminds me of a red rock Yosemite. Catching up with the Drakes was great too-- sharing labor stories and hearing about their adventures (Pete went to Patagonia last year- check out his Outdoor blog).

When we got home we played games all evening and I actually made it to midnight (somewhat reluctantly). We ate too much and toasted in the New Year with Martinelli's. Brian made his usual speech about how dumb it is to ring in the new year by eating too much and staying up too late and then we all went to bed. 

Matt and Lindsey left the next few days to head back to work and we spent the rest of the week helping Aunt Chris with the house (their selling B's grandma's house. . .sad!), shopping, getting my hair done, watching Les Mis (did anyone else think that Marius looks like Brian??), going swimming at the aquatic center and playing at the park with the girls. 


menchie's and the movies.

And yes, we took a picture of both of these "normal" activities. . .b/c for us going to get fro yo (somewhere other than Maverick) and the movies (literally impossible unless we get a hotel and babysitter willing to stay there in silence with our kids) is a BIG DEAL.
Rant over. Thanks. 

2013 is going to be a banner year. did i mention i'm turning 30 in exactly one month?

2 comments:

gc.hatch said...

ANGELA'S TURNING 30 IN EXACTLY ONE MONTH!
Hey, that first picture of "the Patriachs" in Zion is AWESOME! You've got some photography skillz!
I had to chuckle at your famly pictures with Hannah buried! And I'm impressed that Brian is still able to carry Liesel! He's got some serious skillz!

Lindsey said...

Did Mom just spell skillz with a "z"???????????? (above comment) WHAT?

Let Brian read that, and then he will understand where we got our ghettoness. HAHAHAHA

That pic of us three in Zion is cra-cra

And that last pic of you and Cath- um, BSA hello!?